Hydrozid® Cryosurgery Device
We’re thrilled to announce Hydrozid® – a leading cryosurgery system in Europe – is now available in the United States. Designed for primary care physicians, pediatricians, dermatologists, and podiatrists, Hydrozid® is a portable and convenient alternative to liquid nitrogen, with proven effectiveness in treating warts, seborrheic keratosis, actinic keratosis, and a number of other non-malignant skin conditions.
Hydrozid® was developed and is manufactured by BIBAWO Medical, a specialty pharma company headquartered in Denmark, in response to providers’ requests for a safe and effective cryotherapy solution that does not require the large capital investment of liquid nitrogen.
Hydrozid® has been sold in 10 countries in Europe since 2013, and is CE-marked, meaning it has been assessed to meet high safety, health, and environmental protection requirements established by the European Economic Area. Now that Hydrozid® is FDA cleared, providers across the U.S. will have access to this portable aerosol cryosurgery device. [read more]
The Hydrozid® system includes a lightweight canister, which keeps the gas pressure (and thus the temperature) consistent from the first use to the last. The Scandinavian design of the product, emphasizing functionality and ergonomics, makes it easy and comfortable to use. Its unique spray head is patented in Denmark with a patent pending in the United States.
Hydrozid® does not contain dangerous cryogenic gases. Hydrozid® utilizes norflurane, a medically approved gas that has no ozone depletion potential, is nontoxic and nonflammable. No protective equipment or large ventilated areas are required when using Hydrozid®.
- Self-contained in a light, portable can
- Very easy to use – just point and spray
- Always available to use immediately, right off the shelf – no preparation needed
- Compatible with freeze-thaw-freeze-thaw treatment method
- Consistent treatment temperature
- Less than 30 second treatment time for most common skin lesions
- No protection equipment required
- Able to spray directly on the skin
- Approved for use in children 5 years and older
- No capital investment required
- No product waste
- 3 years of shelf life at room temperature
Indications of Use
Hydrozid® contains 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane and is to be used for the treatment of verrucae (warts) and a wide range of other skin lesions including:
- Acrochordon (skin tags)
- Actinic keratosis
- Age spots
- Condylomata acuminata
- Epithelial nevus
- Granuloma annulare
- Granuloma pyogenicum
- Molluscum contagiosum
- Plantar warts
- Porokeratosis plantaris
- Pyogenic granuloma
- Seborrheic keratosis
- Small keloids
- Hydrozid® is to be used only on benign lesions or pre-malignant lesions (actinic keratosis).
- Do not treat lesions if the diagnosis is uncertain or cancer is suspected. If there is doubt that a lesion is benign or pre-malignant, a biopsy is recommended.
- Do not use on healthy skin. Improper use may lead to unwanted damage to the skin and underlying tissues, including nerves.
- Do not use in irritated, eczematous, or infected skin. Do not use on open, bleeding, or bleached skin. Do not use on mucus membrane areas.
- Cryosurgery is not recommended for use in treatment of children under the age of 5.
For U.S. healthcare professionals:
Please send us a message and our specialist will reply to you shortly.
754-220-9188 (Mon-Fri 8am – 5pm EST)